Sunday, October 9, 2011

Its been awhile....

Ok so its been a little while since the last post...and I have a lot to cover in this one so I am going to cheat a bit....I promised some history regarding CASI vs Tolbert and here is a link that lays it all out better than I can:
http://books.google.com/books?id=7N0RlSLcS6sC&pg=PT139&lpg=PT139&dq=what+is+the+story+for+casi+vs+tolbert&source=bl&ots=hD6crGSD5S&sig=7YSLFObPfQRZe3RdevaE8Hs2ATo&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

Yup its a long link but worth the click.

Now onto other stuff....

The 2010 - 2011 cook off season ended on 09/30/11.  There's still Terlingua in November but if you didn't qualify by 9/30 you don't get to go this year....

Guess who didn't qualify and isn't going? siiiggghhhhhhhhh.... I did however manage 6 points in 4 competitions so all is good. 

I finished out the year with a sixth, ninth, ninth and final table.  so all is well....and the new season started yesterday and yes I did cook.... I will post pictures tomorrow when I can figure out how to get them off my phone.

Oh did I mention..... I have a recipe!!!!!!!!!!! sorta.....something easy and absolutely perfect for those chilly evenings...... I hear its perfect... I am in Texas so I don't exactly have a chili (see... see what I did??) evening to try it on but I hear warm  food + chilliness = smiles all around.

Awesome Chili Chicken Recipe
So you competed in chili and beans and you have a ton of leftover chili and  beans..... what to do what to do.....

1. Spray your crock pot with a light coating of Pam ...the inside of the crock pot silly..... if you spray the outside it will be too slippery!

2. Trim the fat and ickiness off of about 3lbs boneless skinless chicken breast.  Toss that in the crock pot. The chicken not the trimmings.....

3. Add about a cup of leftover chili (even if it isn't good chili it still works).

4. Add about a cup of the leftover pinto beans. 

5. Cook on low for about 6.5 hours.

6. Serve with pasta or rice or just some nice veggies!

Yummmmmmm and it freezes great so you can use it in tacos or pitas later!

Ok, signing off the 2010 - 2011 year.....

Howdy ROOOOooooooOOoooOooooO!!!!!!!!!!

Psssstttt..... come back tomorrow so I can tell you all about the start of 2011-2012 and Jon's first time cooking chili!


No comments:

Post a Comment